Southern Aroostook Soil & Water Conservation District Annual Events
- March 6 - "Pollinators & Beneficial Insects in Maine Agriculture" with Eric Venturini, 6-8pm at Houlton High School, rm 34, 1 Pesticide credit
- March 22 - "Fumigation - Myths vs Facts & Knowledge Tools for Farmers" 6-8 pm with Alicyn Smart, Professor and Plant Pathologist, UMaine Cooperative Extension, Houlton High School, rm 34, 1 Pesticide credit
- March 24 - "Orchard Pruning" 10am - 2pm with CJ Walke, MOFGA at Petroski residence, 250 Moose Brook Rd, Ludlow - potluck lunch - bring snowshoes and pruners!
- March 27 - "Small Farm Animals, Barnyards, & Pastures" 6 - 7:30pm with Pat Coville, DVM at Houlton High School, rm 34, 1 Nutrient Management credit
- March 29 - "Forestry Night I" 6:00 - 9:00pm with Dan Jacobs, Tom Doak, Ken Laustsen, and Dave Wilson at Houlton Higher Education Center, 18 Military St. CLP, QLP, SAF and LPF credits available
- April 5 - "Forestry Night II" 6:00 - 9:00pm with Dan Jacobs, Aaron Bergdahl, Martin Williams, Steve Hopkins, and Rom Lemin at Houlton Higher Education Center, 18 Military St. CLP, QLP, SAF, LPF credits available and 2 Pesticide credits
As always, Winter Ag School is FREE and open to the public. Hope to see you at one of the diverse classes being held.